How to release
Below you can find the release procedure as a checklist. On each release it can be updated (if needed), copied and pasted into a GitHub issue, of course changing the release name.
Then you can check each entry on the GitHub issue when done until the release is end.
Add an entry in the changelog like this:
## [2018.02.00](https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2/tree/v2018.02.00) (2018-09-11)
- **[Full Changelog](https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2/compare/v2018.01.00...v2018.02.00)**
- **[Implemented enhancements](https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A%222018.02.00%22+is%3Aclosed+label%3Aenhancement)**
- **[Fixed bugs](https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A%222018.02.00%22+is%3Aclosed+label%3Abug)**
- **[Closed issues](https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A%222018.02.00%22+is%3Aclosed)**
2018.02.00 with branch name
- with current release tag name
%222018.02.00%22 with the name of the milestone (
" in the URL to generate a filter like
- [ ] Create an issue with this checklist in the release milestone.
- [ ] Verify if it is needed to release a new version of http-proxy or geostore, and do it if necessary. Instruction for GeoStore [here](https://github.com/geosolutions-it/geostore/wiki/Release-Process)
- [ ] If major release (YYYY.XX.00), create a branch `YYYY.XX.xx` (`xx` is really `xx`, example: 2018.01.xx)
- [ ] If major release,Change [QA Jenkins job](http://build.geo-solutions.it/jenkins/view/MapStore2/job/MapStore2-QA-Build/) to build the new branch, enable the job continuous deploy by updating the `branch` parameter in the build configuration page to `YYYY.XX.xx`
- [ ] Increment version in `package.json`. (as for semantinc versioning the major have to be 0 until the npm package has not a stable API)
- [ ] Update `CHANGELOG.md`. [Instructions](https://mapstore.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developer-guide/release/#changelog-generation)
- [ ] Fix `pom.xml` to stable versions ( no `-SNAPSHOT` in release).
- [ ] create on [ReadTheDocs](https://readthedocs.org/projects/mapstore/) project the version build for `YYYY.XX.xx` (click on "Versions" and activate the version of the branch)
- [ ] Test on QA [http://qa-mapstore.geosolutionsgroup.com/mapstore/](http://qa-mapstore.geosolutionsgroup.com/mapstore/)
* Any fix must be done on **YYYY.XX.mm**. The fixes will be manually merged on master
* Test **everything**, not only the new features
- [ ] Test [Binary](https://build.geo-solutions.it/jenkins/view/MapStore2/job/MapStore2-QA-Build/ws/release/target/) (take the mapstore2-QA-<RELEASE_BRANCH>-bin.zip)
- [ ] Lunch the [stable deploy](https://build.geo-solutions.it/jenkins/view/MapStore2/job/MapStore2-Stable/) to install the latest stable version on official demo
- [ ] Manually edit the localConfig.json on mapstore.geosolutionsgroup.com to fit the authkey for production (`authkey-prod`)
- [ ] Commit the changelog to the release branch
- [ ] Create a [github draft release](https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2/releases) pointing to the branch **YYYY.XX.mm**.
> The Release name should follow be named YYYY.XX.mm where YYYY is the year, XX is the incremental number of the release for the current year (starting from 01) and the second number mm is an incremental value (starting from 00) to increment for minor releases. Insert the tag vYYYY.XX.mm (**notice the initial 'v' for the tag**) and set the target branch as YYYY.XX.xx to create the tag when the release is published. In the release description describe the major changes and link the Changelog paragraph.
- [ ] Launch [MapStore2-Releaser](http://build.geo-solutions.it/jenkins/job/MapStore2-Releaser/) Jenkins job setting up the correct name of the version and the branch to build (**and wait the end**). **Note:** Using the MapStore2 Releaser allows to write the correct version number into the binary packages.
- [ ] Get the [latest mapstore.war](http://build.geo-solutions.it/jenkins/view/MapStore2/job/MapStore2-Releaser/ws/product/target/mapstore.war) from the Releaser Jenkins build
- [ ] Get the [latest mapstore2-YYYY.XX.mm-bin.zip](http://build.geo-solutions.it/jenkins/view/MapStore2/job/MapStore2-Releaser/ws/release/target/) from the Releaser Jenkins build
> from the job [configuration page](http://build.geo-solutions.it/jenkins/view/MapStore2/job/MapStore2-Releaser/ws/) there is a link to access the job workspace to easily download the built WAR and binary package
- [ ] Download `mapstore-prining.zip` [here](https://build.geo-solutions.it/jenkins/view/MapStore2/job/MapStore2-Releaser/ws/printing/target/mapstore-printing.zip) from the Releaser Jenkins build workspace
- [ ] Check that the printing plugin is missing in the binary package to release
- [ ] Remove manually from localConfig the entry for authentication to gs-stable from binary and war packages.
- [ ] Upload the updated binary, the war package and `mapstore-printing.zip` on github release
- [ ] Publish the release
- [ ] create on [ReadTheDocs](https://readthedocs.org/projects/mapstore/) project the version build for `vYYYY.XX.mm` (click on "Versions" and activate the version of the tag, created when release was published)
- [ ] Port needed commits to master branch (Changelog changes, docs changes...)
- [ ] Create a relese for https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStoreExtension with the same name and attach the zip to the release
- [ ] Create a blog post
- [ ] Write to the mailing list about the current release news and the next release major changes
- [ ] Update the release procedure if needed.
- [ ] Close this issue
- [ ] Close the related milestone